How to get an income as a housewife

If you are a housewife (or househusband) and you don’t work or haven’t been in a job for a significant amount of time, then there may be a raft of benefits and state help that you aren’t claiming which can help you be relatively financially independent while your partner brings in the household’s main income. So, what benefits are available to the person who stays at home to look after the family or to keep the household running smoothly? Universal Credit Introduced in 2013, Universal Credit replaced six means-tested benefits and tax credits in one go. Those were income-based Jobseeker s Allowance, Housing Benefit, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance and Income Support. While Universal Credit is only available to married or cohabiting people or those with children in selected areas, it is available to single people across the country. The credit available to those with partners or children is being rolled out across the rest o


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s